Building Our Campus ~ Putting Down Roots
Projected Move-In Date: August for the 2018/19 School Year
PROJECT UPDATES & ACTION –
- 08/25/17 First foundation walls have been poured for admin building. Foundations will continue to be poured over the next week. Framers are scheduled for the 2nd week of September. All utilities are in the ground. Septic system is being dug. The project is running a few weeks behind but is scheduled to be completed by February 2018. This will give the school time to work on landscaping and playgrounds plus finishing inside rooms. We are currently working on a design for the farm in order to write and apply for a federal grant to support all the infrastructure needed to create a dynamic farm program. The Old Dairy house will be renovated in the spring to house the Little Creek Nursery Program in the Fall of 2018.
- Pictures are of the first cement pour, an exciting moment!
- 12/15/16 Mobilization of equipment has started and will continue as weather permits.
- 12/6/16 Notice to Proceed issued to contractors – construction begins soon!
- 11/14/16 OPSC received Fund Release Authorization and estimates 4-6 weeks for funds to be released to YRCS.
- 11/9/16 Building contract awarded to Simile Construction and Silver Creek. The low bid came in $1.3 million over the amount of the state facility grant. YRCS has funds to contribute and will be launching a capital campaign to cover the remaining funds needed to complete the project.
- 11/2/16 Bids opened, see list of bids.
- 9/30/16 Bid package released for contractors to review and hopefully submit a bid! Construction is projected to start in November 2016 with a 12-18 month project period.
- 8/15/16 State Allocation Board awarded funding allowing the building project to move forward
- 5/26/16 Conversion for Final Apportionment was approved by the State Allocation Board and YRCS filed to be on the Priority Funding List and is now awaiting for funds from the state.
- 12/31/2015 Cleanup up of the Adams property completed and Removal Action Completion Report Issued
- (9/16/15) Clean up of the Adams property started with a local contractor, Hansen Bros, being the low bid. It is estimated to be a less than 45 day project to removal toxic materials from the portion of the site that will be the school entrance and parking lot.
- (6/5/15) Clean Up of the Adams property will be going out to bid in June/July 2015. Bid documents are currently being prepared and will be posted by the end of June.
- (1/13/15) Nevada County Board of Supervisor’s approved Final Mitigated Negative Declaration and Rezone & Use permits.
- (11/13/14) Nevada County Planning Commission voted to recommend approval of CEQA doc, Rezone & Use permits, and storm water management plan to the Board of Supervisors
- (9/12/14) Proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration out for Public Review
- (8/15/13) DTSC held public meeting on draft RAW at Grass Valley City Hall.
- (7/16/13) Board of Supervisor’s Meeting to hear appeal and approve rezoning application 1:30 pm at the Rood Center – Sent back to Planning Department for further review and accept 3 items of the appeal regarding water drainage, septic/sewer design and traffic mitigation.
- (5/8/13) EPA Brownsfield Cleanup Grant for $600,000 awarded to YRCS
- (5/23/13) Nevada County Planning Commission Approved Use Permit, Rezoning and Management Plan for Storm Water Retention Facility to be sent to Board of Supervisors for approval.
- (3/13/13) Department of State Architect approved design and construction plan documents.
- (12/20/12) California Department of Water Resources Stormwater Management Grant for $330,000 awarded to YRCS through American Rivers
- (6/17/08) The State of California Allocation Board approved and apportioned $8.5 million for YRCS to build a new school facility. To continue the pioneering spirit that has been a hallmark of YRCS, our community is building the first publicly financed Waldorf-inspired charter school facility. The State of California awarded YRCS a $4.25 million grant and $4.25 million low-interest loan funded with Proposition 1D bonds.
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS & LINKS
Removal Action Completion Report
Removal Action Completion Report Appendices E, F and G,
Final Mitigated Negative Declaration
Approval of the Final RAW
RAW (Removal Action Workplan)
Appendix I, Construction Plans, RAW
450 Architects Project Outline Project Design
Drawings EPA Brownsfield Cleanup Grant