One of the commitments a family makes when enrolling into Yuba River Charter School is a commitment to volunteerism during the school year. The YRCS Volunteerism Policy states:
Family Volunteer Commitment (From YRCS Volunteer Policy 1-4-2012)
“Each family is committed to contributing to the school in any way they feel appropriate for them and their family. The school asks the following commitment from each family:
- 50 volunteer hours per year (5 hours per month)
- Parents of Kindergarten children must volunteer in the classroom one day per month.
- Each parent is asked to complete a School Service & Volunteerism Survey stating their volunteer areas of expertise and interest.
- Volunteers agree to follow all YRCS policies and procedures when on campus or representing YRCS to the public.
- Volunteers agree to act out of the mandate, agreement or instruction given by authorized teachers, staff, parents or committee members.”
Our school is committed to the success of our students, faculty and its administration. YRCS looks to work more closely with parents and families to meet their volunteerism goals this year. Please make your best effort to log and track your monthly volunteerism on the in-classroom logs. Our volunteer coordinator will also be in touch with families who may need to complete their annual volunteerism commitments.