The Little Creek Nursery program is nonsectarian in its programs, admissions policies, employment practices, and all other operations. Little Creek Nursery is a privately funded (tuition based) program and will not discriminate against any pupil on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability, or any other basis protected by law. When you enroll your child into the Little Creek Nursery Program, your child is not enrolled in the Yuba River Charter School.
Parent Info Meetings (PIMs):
All parents and/or guardians interested in enrolling a child into Little Creek Nursery program are invited to attend one of our monthly Parent Information Meetings (PIMs). Attending a PIM is required before receiving an Application for Enrollment. During this meeting you will learn about the philosophy and educational approach of a Waldorf curriculum and the preschool program that Little Creek Nursery offers.
Up-Coming Parent Information Meetings – Meetings are from 2:30 – 3:30 pm except as noted.
- November 18
- January 13
- February 10
- April 6
- May 11
Parent Information Meetings are held in the Little Creek Nursery located at 215 Washington Street, Nevada City, CA 95959
We ask that you reserve a space to attend a PIM. These meetings are for parents only. We ask that children stay home or with a caregiver, so that adults can fully participate in the meeting and presentation. To register please call 530-265-6060 ext. 101 or email Enrollment@yubariverschool.org.
Enrollment Process and Lottery: Beginning to End
Children who are 2 years of age and ready for preschool based on a readiness assessment, 3 years of age to 4 years old and children who are 5 years of age and not eligible for kindergarten entry may apply to enroll in the preschool program. All children must be potty trained. STEPS to enrolling in Little Creek…..
- Attend a Parent Information Meeting .
- Receive an application for enrollment after completing a PIM.
- Complete and submit an Application for Enrollment and Parent Agreement along with a $100 application fee along with an agreement to volunteer and participate in your child’s education. Applications must be submitted within 1 year of attending a PIM.
- Applications are always accepted and held until the next lottery process.
- Applications are placed in priority categories* and a random public drawing “lottery” is held to determine placement within each priority category.
- Applicants hold and retain placement on the lottery list in perpetuity and roll over from year to year and each lottery list will be exhausted prior to utilizing a later dated lottery list.
- The parent(s) must attend A Day in the Life of the Preschool, an orientation to the life of the Preschool student.
- When an applicant is next on the current lottery list they will be contacted. If the position opens up during the school year a classroom visit will be scheduled.**
- An in-take process is also required for all new incoming applicants before formally enrolling into Little Creek Nursery.
*It is the responsibility of the Parent Applicant to inform Little Creek Nursery as to a child’s Enrollment Priority.
** If an applicant declines the offer of placement they must reapply to be eligible for the next lottery process.
Annual Open Enrollment Period/Application Deadline for Lottery
- February 1 / Lottery February 15
See the Enrollment Policy Little Creek Nursery 11-4-15 for full information on priority categories, lottery dates and procedures as information on this website does not supersede any approved policy or procedure.
The Little Creek Nursery admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.